Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fuck it.

It's easy,
to give in

to run away 
from your pain,
and just say 

fuck it.

It's easy, 
to let them win,

to duck your head down
and just, 

take
the 
hit


It's easy,
to listen to him,

tell you,

you're
worthless

that you're doing everything wrong
that you're not perfect
that you will 
never 
even 
be 
close

He sings these words to you,
like a joy filled song

He's doing you a favor,
revealing the truth--

so you spend every second,
trying to fix yourself,
never settling,
never being happy,
never thinking,
"I think I did something right,"

Never,
without putting up a fight

But he told you
the truth

It's what,
you
deserve

But he's sure got some nerve,
telling me what is wrong 
with myself

Correcting me daily,
never letting 
me
be
me

Never letting me 
be free...

He really couldn't see,
that the problem was him all along

and now, I sing to him,
like a song

That I am one of a kind,
despite all the nasty words,
in 
my 
mind

I am worth 
so much,

and no one can tell me different...

not even 
those words,
he...
so 
thoroughly 
meant


Because I am wonderfully made,
in God's eyes

Now 
he just looks at me,

and sighs.


Because it was easy,
to walk away from that knife,
to turn around and scream,
"THIS IS MY LIFE,
and I will not take another hit,"
because this time
I'm looking you in the eye,

and 
saying...

Goodbye.






No comments:

Post a Comment